Design, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, MEng Hons
Many modern large companies began life as the brainchild of a single person with a great idea. Typically, that person was an engineer or an inventor who had conceived a unique product and who also had the business skills to nurture the idea from a concept to a prototype, to a product, to a business. To succeed, that person needed the imagination and vision to recognise a niche in the market. After that, they would need to have the design and engineering skills to realise a possible product. Finally, they would have to be able to build the product, market and sell it, and make a profit in doing so. This is a tried and tested route to success. The pioneering Design, Innovation and Entrepreneurship degree programme at Greenwich, offers you the opportunity to learn all of these important skills.
This MEng degree programme is a new programme, but it is strongly anticipated that it will be accredited as fully satisfying the educational base for a Chartered Engineer (CEng). See http://www.theiet.org for further information. This degree programme is four years long in full-time mode.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills relevant to a career as a professional engineer who can work effectively with current and future engineering product design, development and production/implementation methods
- To support you in understanding the innovative and pioneering approaches in this field and to be able to apply them to the solution of real-world problems to develop new products and technologies in a financially sustainable way
- To help you acquire the knowledge and skills required to perform a variety of professional roles within engineering, design and business, including management roles.
Please telephone Enquiry Unit on 020 8331 9000
4 years full-time
5 years sandwich
Part-time mode available
Applicants should have:
340 UCAS points
FROM 2 or 3 A levels with an additional AS level (including mathematics or a physical science / numerate subject) OR National Diploma in Engineering or relevant subject at MPP
PLUS at least three GCSEs at grade C or above (including English, mathematics and science) or equivalent.
* Qualifications not listed above will be considered on application.
* Where relevant you should have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or an equivalent rating in another Secure English Language Test.
Project-based tasks, laboratory experiments, formative and summative assignments, and formal examinations.
This is a brand new programme, but Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) accreditation is strongly anticipated.
Technology, engineering and computing-based careers, particularly in the fields of emerging technologies, finding roles in large enterprises, as well as smaller to medium sized companies. Entrepreneurship is also popular.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Design and Materials
- Practical and Experimental Skills
- Engineering Professional Skills
- Exploiting Capital and Managing Risk
- Product Design and Development
- Material Selection and Design
- Accounting, Finance and Business Planning
- Computer Aided Design
- Introduction to Manufacturing Systems
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Individual and Group Industrial Projects
- Engineering Management
- Engineering Enterprise
- Advanced Computer Aided Design
- Group Design and Project Management
- Strategy and Management
- Research Methodology
- Global Engineering: Theory and Practice
- Advanced Principles of Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Principles of Lean Manufacturing
- Process Improvement Techniques
- Developing Quality Products and Services
- Internet Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
Related programmes you may also be interested in
- Civil Engineering Programmes
- Computer and Intelligent Systems Engineering Programmes
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Programmes
- Engineering Technology Programmes
- General and Management Engineering Programmes
- Industrial Engineering and Design Programmes
- Mechanical Engineering Programmes