Psychology, Social Work & Counselling
Avery Hill Campus
2 years full-time
3 years part-time
Applicants should have:
A first class honours degree or 2.1 preferably in the social sciences
PLUS GCSE English and mathematics at grade C or above, or equivalent
PLUS a minimum of one year’s full-time experience or equivalent in a social work related activity, either paid or voluntary.
• Applicants with a high 2.2 degree may be considered.
• Applicants should also either be eligible to apply for an NHS Social Work bursary (but should note a cap on number of bursaries available to the programme now applies), be self funded or will be funded by their employer.
• Applicants will need to obtain a reference from their manager or volunteer coordinator.
• Applicants will also need to provide evidence of a satisfactory CRB and health check.
• Students who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an IELTS score of 7 with not less than 6 achieved in any element.
A range of assessment methods will be used including essays, case studies, observation reports, portfolios and practice documentation.
Graduates will be prepared to work with and support families and individuals who have challenging and complex needs, in a range of settings.