International Business, MBA
The MBA International Business programme is designed to reflect the increased emphasis on multidisciplinary and international perspective arising from todays' market developments and explores the complexity and diversity of business in an increasingly interconnected world. The programme takes account of the consolidation of managerial and institutional economic interpretations of international business issues in academic research.
MBA International Business graduates are expected to develop critical analytical skills in assessing the global environment for business; identify new international business opportunities and analysing international markets and industries; deal with complex issues both systematically and creatively; and communicate clearly to a range of audiences.
This programme will provide those without a first degree in business with a good grounding in business management, followed by specialised international business modules, specialist project and guided internship. A particular feature of the programme is commercial relevance and employability, designed to enhance knowledge and skills particularly sought by global employers.
The aims of the programme are:
- To consolidate, in a practical context, advanced knowledge and management of organisations competing internationally
- To challenge to question preconceptions and to remove boundaries to handle complex situations holistically
- To build interpersonal skills and leadership potential so as to be able to interact effectively with a range of specialists and to implement agreed solutions effectively and efficiently
- To provide students with a conceptual approach and transferable skills that can be applied when operating in other markets and cultures, thereby enhancing student's employability.
2 years full-time
3 years part-time
September and January start
Applicants should have:
A good quality relevant degree from a recognised university or higher education institute (equivalent to at least UK 2.2).
* Students without English as their first language should normally have an IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent in a Secure English Language Test. Alternatively, students with an overall IELTS of 6 or 5.5 can study our Pre-Sessional English language programme prior to degree studies.
Students are assessed via a range of innovative methods including group and individual projects and presentations, tests, examinations, coursework and a project.
This programme provides associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Management.
Graduates can pursue opportunities in management in multinational firms, small or medium-sized exporters, local or central government agencies involved in business development, consultancies and media companies.
The programme course listings are currently being updated. Please try loading this page again in 5 minutes.
If you are unsure about which level of study is appropriate for you, or would like more information on any of our programmes of study, you may also contact our Enquiry Unit between 09:00 and 17:00 GMT:
Telephone: 020 8331 9000
Telephone: +44 20 8331 8136
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
As a student on our international business programme you will learn to approach business with a global outlook and understand how cultural differences affect business operations.