Applying for a postgraduate programme

Master's Degree, Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) or Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert)

Applications should be made using the online application form.

MPhil or PhD

Applicants for an MPhil or PhD should follow the process for applying for a research programme.

Postgraduate teacher training

All applications for our primary and secondary PGCE programmes should be made through the UCAS Teacher Training (UTT) site.  

GCSE English, science and mathematics at C or above must be held prior to submitting an application for the PGCE primary programme. 

Applications for the Professional Graduate Certificate in Education/Postgraduate Certificate in Education Early Years Teacher Status programmes should be made using the online application form.

PGDip Nursing (Adult, Child, Mental Health)

Applications for these programmes should be made on the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) website at

Looking to do postgraduate research at the university?

Postgraduate research degrees

Find out who to contact about applying to a postgraduate research degree.