Pre-registration information University of Greenwich

If you are an international student, you will need to pay a pre-registration deposit when you accept an offer of a place at the University of Greenwich. This reserves your place on the programme and shows that you are committed to attending.

Pre-registration deposit

The amount you will need to pay will be detailed in your offer letter, as well as instructions on how to make the payment.

UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) maintenance requirements

The amount of money you must show as proof of maintenance when applying for your student visa to study with us will depend on whether you have recently been studying in the UK or the programme offered above is your first course of study in the UK. The UKVI considers the Medway campus 'Outside London' and Greenwich and Avery Hill campuses 'In London' for maintenance costs. If you are applying for the first time for a Tier 4 Student Visa you will be required to provide proof of a minimum of £9,135 for Medway and £11,385 for the Greenwich and Avery Hill campuses held for a minimum of 28 days.

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

Once you have been assessed for fees at the overseas rate, we have received your pre-registration deposit and any academic conditions of your offer have been fulfilled, we will provide you with a CAS reference number. You need this to get a student visa to study with the University under Tier 4 of the Points Based System.