Our faculties run award-winning research programmes that make valuable contributions to business, industry and the community.
Research is led by experienced directors of research recognised internationally for their contributions. They give postgraduates the opportunity to carry out leading research at world-class facilities, and provide businesses with world-leading expertise.
Your comprehensive list of research activities happening right now across the university.
We solve real-world problems – and benefit business, industry and communities here and around the world – with high-quality research in a vibrant cross-disciplinary academic community.
- Applied Linguistics Research Group
- Centre for Applied Research and Outreach in Language Education (CAROLE)
- Centre for Computer & Computational Science
- Computational Mechanics & Reliability Group
- Computer Security, Audit, Forensics & Education
- Greenwich GIScience Research Group
- Greenwich Maritime Centre
- Literature and Drama Research Group
- Media & Communications Research Group
- Numerical & Applied Mathematics Unit
- Numerical Modelling & Process Analysis
- Research in Digital Art & Design, Film & Media
- Sociology Research Group
- Statistics & Operational Research Group
- Sustainable Built Environment Research Group
We influence and enhance business policy and practice, with research programmes that focus on five key area: social network analysis, public services, work and employment, governance, risk and accountability, and supply chain management.
A hub of high-quality academic and applied research into education, health, psychology and social care.
- Centre for Applied Health Research
- Centre for Applied Social Research
- Centre for Leadership and Enterprise
- Centre for the Study of Play and Recreation
- Literacy Research & Development Centre
- Nursing & Applied Social Research Group
- Research Centre for Children, Schools and Families
- Safeguarding Hub: Children, young people and their families
- Sexual Health Research and Practice Group
- Social Enterprise Social Work and Health Development
Our research has received worldwide praise and recognition. The faculty's researchers regularly present their work at national and international conferences, and our postgraduate students frequently secure top positions.
- Centre for Innovative and Smart Infrastructure
- Centre for Innovative Product Development & Manufacturing
- Chemical Ecology and Plant Biochemistry Group
- Ecosystem Services Research Group
- Internet Security Research Laboratory
- Manufacturing Engineering Research Group
- Materials and Analysis Research Group
- Medway Centre for Pharmaceutical Science
- Medway Metabonomics Research Group
- Mobile & Wireless Communications Research Laboratory
- Molecular Virology and Entomology Research Group
- Pest Behaviour Research Group
- Plant Health Group
- Postharvest Science and Technology Group
- South East England NMR
- Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology