If you require a replacement or certified copy of your certificate University of Greenwich

The Conferments Team can help you obtain a replacement certificate if you have lost or damaged your original certificate if you graduated after 1992 (for pre-1992 graduates, see foot of page). You can use the form below to apply for a replacement certificate.

Your certificate is a legal document, therefore only one is allowed to be in circulation at any one time. Applicants must provide the university with either the damaged original certificate or a completed Declaration setting out fully the circumstances in which the certificate was lost or damaged and an undertaking that should a replacement be issued, it will be returned if the original is subsequently found.

The application form must provide all appropriate information or the request will not be processed. Once a replacement certificate request has been received, the process will generally take between 2 to 4 weeks, although it can take longer between June and November, as the majority of original certificates are produced in that period.

*Proof of identity in the form of a copy of photographic ID such as passport or driving licence must be provided when making the application.

Payments must be made in GBP/£ by credit/debit card (we do not accept American Express). 

Please note our fees have changed as of 01/02/2017.

Fees charged for certificates
Service Fee
Replacement certificate £40
3 certified copies of certificate £12
Tracked postage (DHL) £28

Application Form

Please click here for Award Documentation Request Form

Conferments contact details

University of Greenwich
Student Administration – Conferments
3rd Floor Fry Building
Avery Hill Road

E-mail: conferments@gre.ac.uk

Graduates of Thames Polytechnic and Woolwich Polytechnic (pre-1992)

Please note: graduates of Thames Polytechnic (post-1970) and Woolwich Polytechnic need to follow a different procedure for obtaining a replacement certificate.

Graduates of Thames Polytechnic

Graduates of Thames Polytechnic can request a replacement certificate via Open University Validation Services.

Graduates of Woolwich Polytechnic

Graduates of Woolwich Polytechnic can request a replacement certificate via the University of London.