Student letters University of Greenwich

There will be times when you'll need a letter to prove that you're fully registered to a programme at the University of Greenwich.  This could be for a number of reasons, such as supporting a student bank account application, applying for a holiday visa or to prove that you're a full-time student for Council Tax reduction or exemption

Letters are available for students, fully registered and studying at one of the main university campuses; Avery Hill, Greenwich or Medway.  

Requests are made online using the link below and will be available to collect, on production of your Greenwich Gateway card, from the Student Centre of your choice 3 working days later (this can extend to 5 working days at the Greenwich Maritime campus).   

The following letters are available to be requested, 

  • Confirmation of Student Status
  • Bank
  • Government Embassy
  • Council Tax 

Please note, you have to be fully registered for the current academic session, with no outstanding registration requirement and have accurate, up to date address information, in order for your request to be processed. 

Students who are interrupted or withdrawn will be unable to access this service and can email the Student Centre for additional guidance.

Eligibility for council tax letters

Please note that there are strict criteria for the issuing of council tax letters. Students must be:

  • studying at one of the three main campuses
  • fully registered
  • living at a UK address (NOT Halls of Residence)
  • on a FULL TIME programme of study

Partner College and Network College students should approach their colleges for council tax letters.

Requesting student letters

Request a student letter here. Clicking this link will open the letter request form in a new tab or window.

Please remember that this service can become unavailable to students who have outstanding registration requirements (such as DBS and occupational health clearances, who owe tuition fees or who are withdrawn or interrupted.