Preparing for your exam University of Greenwich

Ensure you are registered

Please remember that only candidates who are officially registered with the University of Greenwich may sit examinations or present work for assessment towards an award. If you are not properly registered, with all due fees paid, you may not be allowed to sit examinations, or if you do sit examinations your certificate will not be released to you until the problems are fully resolved. If you have changed courses during the session, please check on your BannerWeb student record that your programme of study is correct. If you have a query or problem about registration, fees or changes to your courses and have not yet spoken to someone in your campus Student Centre about it, please do so straight away.

You must also ensure that your names are correct on our student record system, either via BannerWeb or at your Student Centre.

Student Candidate number

Your University candidate number is the 9-digit student number on your Bannerweb student record and your University student ID card. You must bring your student ID card to all formal examinations and, if you are a Faculty of Business student, you should collect your exams labels from your Faculty Office.

If you have lost your student ID card, please visit your campus Student Centre, where you can purchase a replacement card. 

Your student candidate number enables anonymous marking in examinations, which is applied by all faculties.

Past exam papers

If you are interested to see what questions past exam papers contained for a specific course, please go to the portal, on 'my learning' tab and type in the course code of the exam paper you are looking for in the box situated in the bottom left corner.

Students needing special arrangements

Students with special needs arising from a disability, dyslexia or long-term medical condition may be entitled to special arrangements. Please contact the Student Wellbeing Service for advice and an evaluation of your situation well in advance of your exams.

Taking your exam abroad

If you are a non-UK resident and cannot attend an exam in the UK, you may be granted permission to sit your exam in your home country. Please contact your Faculty Examinations Officer and complete the application form as soon as you become aware that you are not able to attend your examination(s) in the UK. You do not need to wait until the timetable is published to fill in the form.