The department offers a diverse range of part-time and full-time undergraduate and postgraduate degrees across pharmaceutical, chemical and environmental sciences.
Teaching in the department is underpinned by exciting, world-class research activities in all areas.
- The BSc degrees of environmental science and geography have an excellent reputation and are highly rated by past and present students
- The BSc Hons Chemistry programme has a century-old reputation for excellence with a particularly important strand in analytical science, which led to the introduction of the forensic science and forensic science with criminology degrees
- Our BSc Hons in Pharmaceutical Science was developed at the express wish of the industry and was the first such degree in the UK
- Our MChem degree is a four-year programme aimed at those pursuing a career as a professional chemist in industry or education
- We also offer a wide range of popular Master's programmes, both taught and by research across pharmaceutical, chemical and environmental sciences
- Opportunities also exist for MPhil/PhD places.
The department has strong research and enterprise interests in medicinal chemistry, analytical chemistry, metabonomics, bioactive materials, chemometrics, land remediation, geographical information systems and environmental conservation and chemistry.
Professor Jeremy Everett
Head of Department