The University of Greenwich Business School has access to a large number of energetic, motivated and talented students who have chosen to study a sandwich (or industrial placement) programme. Our placement programme gives you the opportunity to take on these students.
What’s in it for you?
Employers can use placement students to either complete a one-off project or relieve the day-to-day pressures of a busy department. We will provide you with the following to help you recruit a suitable student:
- Publicity for your company and its placements/internships. Once we have received all of the details, we will advertise your vacancies, along with any corporate literature, to students.
- Employer presentations. We can arrange these for companies that would like to visit the university and make a formal presentation to students.
- Assistance with student applications. We can collate all CV/résumé applications and forward them to you in one batch.
- Short listing and selection. Where applicable and if requested, we can contact shortlisted/rejected candidates and provide them with instructions/feedback on your behalf.
- Interviews. We can help co-ordinate interviews on campus.
- Placement fairs. These are held annually on campus and are free of charge for any company that wishes to attend. They provide the opportunity for you to speak to students on a one-to-one basis and collect CVs.
“On all our programmes, students are given the chance to develop their passion for innovation, a range of great business contacts, and the kind of skills that will take them into new and stimulating areas. Joining IBM is more than an opportunity to solve some of our clients’ most interesting problems – it’s the chance to take advantage of great training and development, and to develop a rewarding and successful career. We look for people with energy and creativity who are passionate about the area they want to apply to; they should have great team skills and a clear focus on delivering an exceptional service to our clients – and some of our previous students from the University of Greenwich have demonstrated these skills.”
If you would like more information on our placement programme, please contact us on:
Fax: +44 20 8331 8120
Telephone: +44 20 8331 9772
Find out how our placement students can benefit your business.
Find out key information about our placements.
Complete our online form if you have a vacancy you wish to tell us about.
A new employability scheme to meet employers’ needs.