Information and Records Retention Schedules are lists of the information and records which are held in each of the Faculties and Directorates. They help us to:
- improve efficiency within Faculties and Directorates, and create better working practices
- be able to retrieve records more easily and speedily, by knowing where they are, and who keeps them
- eliminate some duplication of records, and effort, around the university
- save space
- aid cost-saving, both in terms of space, and of effort
- be able to comply more readily with requests for information, both internally and externally
Retention periods have been chosen using the following means:
- Recommendations of Records Retention Schedule for Higher Education Establishments compiled by JISC
- Regulatory and legislative recommendations, or business good practice recommendations
- Staff and student obligations and requirements
- Risk assessment involved in retention periods
- Retention periods used by other universities
Members of the public can view the full Information & Records Retention Schedule for the University of Greenwich, which is listed by function and activity.
Members of staff can view individual Information & Records Retention Schedules.