The Wolfson Centre offers a range of very popular and useful short courses designed specifically for industry. We have been delivering short courses for over 25 years, both at the university and in the workplace. Over this time we've developed strong links with industry, offering consultancy, research projects and short courses that combine technological excellence with personalised teaching. We have now included practical sessions with some of our courses, to help delegates consolidate the theory.
All our courses are designed to suit the needs of engineers, whether in the pharmaceutical, food processing, minerals, power generation or recycling industries; in fact anyone involved in the handling of bulk solid materials or the flow of powders will benefit. They are designed for engineers, managers, skilled operatives, maintenance crew or anyone involved in using powders or particulates.
You don't need advanced qualifications either - a basic technical education and/or industry experience is enough.
Course Calendar for 2015
9 - 10 June - this course is full. New dates to be arranged if required. Please fill out the booking form and we will contact you.
This new course is aimed at practitioners already familiar with the basics of pneumatic conveying
7 - 8 July
29 - 30 September
Short course: 13 - 14 October 2015
Optional Practical session: 15 October 2015
Short course: 17 - 18 November 2015
Optional Practical session: 19 November 2015
All of the above Courses are available as in-company courses as well as the following:
- Evaluation of Electrostatics in Powder Handling
- Dust Explosions - how to demonstrate DSEAR/ATEX compliance
- Storage and Discharge of Powders and Bulk Solids
- Caking and Lump Formation in Powders and Bulk Solids
- Powder and Dust Containment in the Process Industry
- Undesired de-blending and separation in processes
- Advanced course: Design of Equipment for Storing and Discharging Bulk Materials