MA, MSc, PhD, SFHEA, MCMI
Professor of Economic Sociology, Business School Director of Research
Professor Bruce Cronin specialises in the role of business networks in strategy and innovation within and across organisational and national boundaries. He is Director of Research for the Business School and Director of the University of Greenwich's Centre for Business Network Analysis since its establishment.
His corporate clients have included:
- Ernst & Young
- Institute of Management Consultants
- London Knowledge Network
- Oxford University Press
- Pensions Regulator
- Work Foundation
- Universities UK
Responsibilities within the university
Teaching and administrative activities
- Director of Research, Business School
- Director of the Centre for Business Network Analysis
- Joint Course Leader for BUSI1604 Global Networks and Innovation
Liang Liang: The impact of social networks on inter-organisational collaboration in innovation.
Andrew Ervine: Culture and culturalism and their contribution to the effectiveness of local strategic partnerships.
Emmanuel Igwe: Social preference behaviour and reciprocity in labour market operations.
Matthew Smith: International trade and investment networks.
Sergey Sosnovskikh: Effective management in developing Special Economic Zones in the Russian Federation.
Srinidhi Vasudevan: Financial performance effects of interlocking directorships.
Dr Christos Bassa: Deciphering strategies to manage knowledge creation processes – leveraging product and technology development (PhD).
Stefanos Michiotis: Towards an archetypal change model for organisations (PhD under examination).
Bankole Olagbaiye: Project and process management in the context of organisational complexity (MPhil).
Imad Guenane: Organisational process spillovers from foreign direct investment in Algeria (MPhil).
Shir Ali Narouei: An empirical investigation into the UK profit rate 1949-1998 (MPhil).
Ann Braithwaite, Mapping knowledge flows using archetypes (MRes).
- Secretary/Treasurer, UK Social Networks Association
- Board member, European Social Networks Association
- Treasurer, Association for Heterodox Economics
- Editor, Business Networks
- Member, Royal Economic Society Conference of Heads of University Departments of Economics.
- Member of the editorial boards of the Forum for Social Economics, Connections and The Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change.
- Member of the international advisory boards for the European Knowledge Management Conference, the International Conference on Knowledge, Culture and Change in Organisations, the International Conference on Knowledge Management and Information Sharing and the World Association for Political Economy, and the Organising Committee of the International Network of Social Network Analysts 35th Annual Conference.
Recent funded projects
Professor Cronin's current and previous funded research projects include:
- Parent-subsidiary structures in foreign direct investment
- Business-governmental relationships
- Managerial career networks.
Cronin, Bruce (2011) A window on emergent European social network analysis.
Michiotis, Stefanos and Cronin, Bruce (2011) Assessing capacity and maturity for change in organizations: A patterns-based tool derived from complexity and archetypes.
Lee, Frederick S.,
Cronin, Bruce C.,
McConnell, Scott and Dean, Erik (2010) Research quality rankings of heterodox economic journals in a contested dscipline.
Cronin, Bruce and Devletoglou, Helen (2010) Revealing hidden issues and assessing intangible assets in organizations and communities.
Cronin, Bruce (2008) Economic restructuring in New Zealand: A classical account.
Cronin, Bruce (2008) Journal citation among heterodox economists 1995-2007: Dynamics of community emergence.
Arrieta Paredes, Mary-Paz and Cronin, Bruce (2014) A social network analysis of managerial migrations: the case of large companies in the UK.
Cronin, Bruce (2012) National and transnational structuring of the British corporate elite.
Cronin, Bruce (2011) The diffusion of heterodox economics.
Lee, Frederic S. and Cronin, Bruce (2011) Research quality rankings of heterodox economic journals in a contested discipline.
Cronin, Bruce (2010) Complex dynamics in information sharing networks.
Cronin, Bruce (2009) Interlocking directorships.
Cronin, Bruce (2009) Theories of the state.
Cronin, Bruce (2008) Dynamic evolution in information sharing networks.
Cronin, Bruce and Popov, Vladimir (2010) Political facets of business networks: politics and interlocking directorates in Russia.
Cronin, Bruce and Bassayannis, Christos (2009) Chinese supply networks: an interactive guanxi approach for product development.
Cronin, Bruce and Bassayannis, Christos (2008) Managing the supply side for product development in China: a Guanxi network approach.
Cronin, Bruce (2008) Getting started with social network analysis using UCINET.
Recent conference presentations
Prasad, Ajit and Su, Larry (2008) Relational dimensions of corporate governance in translation: networked governance in China and India.
Cronin, Bruce and Popov, Vladimir (2008) Politics and interlocking directorates in Russia and UK: are they really so different?.
Cronin, Bruce (2008) Isomorphic effects of managerial and directoral career paths.
Cronin, Bruce and Popov, Vladimir (2008) Politics and interlocking directorates in Russia: how distinctive?.